I have a long standing love affair with soup. This soup is super easy. I roasted the cauliflower on the weekend, threw it in the fridge, and made the rest on a weeknight for a quick and filling dinner. This soup is a great way to sneak in a lot of vegetables.
- 6 cups of cauliflower florets(1-1.5 pounds of cauliflower)
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, chopped(depending on your garlic tolerance)
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t cumin
- 1/8 t crushed red pepper flaskes(optional)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Place cauliflower florets, onion, and garlic on a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 T EVOO. Toss to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the turmeric, cumin, salt, and optional red pepper flakes. Sprinkle over cauliflower. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Stir once after 15 minutes. Pull out of oven when they are browned and fork tender. Stop here to make soup later or continue on.
- Reserve 1/2-1 cup of florets to the side.
- Put florets and broth into a pot on the stove top. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Salt to taste. Stir in coconut milk. OR, if you have a high powered blender, dump broth and florets in blender and put on hot soup mode. When done, add in coconut milk and pulse until combined.
- Pour into bowls. Top with remaining cauliflower florets. Makes 4 servings.
Hot, filling, and nutritious.