This recipe is absolutely delicious. I made it for the first time a few years ago for Brian as a surprise. I thought I would blog it again with some updates, because it is that good, comes together quickly and is extremely satisfying.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (3/4 inch thick) slice ginger, minced
- 1 container extra firm tofu, cubed(can also use 1 pound chicken breast cubed)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter(not natural)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Peanuts, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- pinch of red pepper flakes, if you want it a little hotter
- cilantro for topping, optional
- steamed broccoli, optional
- cooked rice, for serving
This recipe is traditionally made with chicken and potatoes, which is the way I usually make it. I changed it up this time and used tofu and steamed broccoli to lighten it up.
Ingredients all lined up and ready to go:
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in red curry paste and minced ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the cubed tofu and stir until all pieces are coated.
Stir in brown sugar, fish sauce(omit if making vegetarian), Worcestershire sauce, peanut butter, red pepper flakes and coconut milk.
Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low, cover, and let simmer about 10 minutes Add the steamed broccoli, and toss to coat. Then add in lime juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Place cooked rice in bowl, top with curry. Garnish with a lime wedge, chopped peanuts and cilantro(optional).